The jury’s grounds for awarding the FutureBuilt Prize 2014 to Grensesvingen 7 include the following:
- Central location and facilities for cyclists, including a bicycle workshop and washing area.
- Extensive reuse of e.g. brick facade, stairwells, lift shafts and concrete slabs.
- Upgraded to energy class A.
- BREEAM-NOR Excellent certification.
- Decentralised and needs-based ventilation system.
- Energy source: Air to water heat pump
The prize was awarded at the FutureBuilt Days event on 3 June.